Saturday, February 25, 2006

My dear friend~

These layouts were done by me, in honor of Alyssa and her mom Vicki!
Written by Alyssas mother a dear friend of mine Vicki Maloney!
Alyssa Narloch who was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on May 03, 1983 and became an angel on July 06, 2005 at the age of 22. She is now one of God's most beautiful angels in heaven.

Alyssa was a beautiful person both inside and outside. Her smile was absolutely priceless and infectious. You could get lost in her gorgeous green eyes. Her hugs were indescribable...so warm and so loving. You could get lost in her hugs and wish they would never end. She was a devoted, wonderful, fun and loving mommy to her beloved daughter Abbey who will forever miss the love of her mommy. Alyssa once told me that "Abbey puts butterflies on my heart" and I know that those butterflies will be there forever and ever. Alyssa and Abbey were always together. Whether it was stopping by and visiting or running to do someones hair. Alyssa was an extremely gifted hairdresser who was able to color and style hair like no other. She loved being a hairdresser, it was one of the things she truly wanted to do when she grew up. I'm so greatful that she was able to enjoy this dream of hers.

Another one of Alyssa's greatest loves was scrapbooking...something she absolutely loved doing. She was extremely creative and so unbelievably talented, able to design a layout that was both beautiful and meaningful. She taught me the art of journaling, something she poured her heart and soul into. Her layouts have such beautiful messages for Abbey and I know this will mean so much to Abbey as she gets older. Alyssa had so much left to do with her scrapbooking, she had so many goals to achieve but her time was cut short. I do believe that Alyssa would have been published any day...my goal is to get one of her layouts published to fulfill this very real dream of Alyssa's.

Another one of Alyssa's greatest loves was her family! She cherished the time we all spent together and loved every minute of it. I know this is one of the hardest things for me is to be at family functions waiting for her to arrive her usually fashionably late self! That was Alyssa though and that was so totally o.k. to do. She lived a very busy life with no time really for herself.Alyssa had a special way of constantly giving and caring for others, even when she herself was down and low.

Alyssa's final act of giving of herself was through organ donation. Two beautiful people live on now because of Alyssa. They are truly lucky to have a part of Alyssa with them forever. They received her kidneys and now are back to leading normal lives.Alyssa's love will be felt forever ... we will all miss Alyssa and think of her until we meet again one day. She has been taken up to heaven much too early.

5 comments:

Gwyn Calvetti said...

This is a beautiful tribute to a friend whose life was cut short far too soon. I do hope your dream of getting Alyssa's designs published becomes reality soon.

Anonymous said...

You have truly touched my heart Tina with your amazing gift of friendship and love! I can't even think of where to begin to thank you for helping me with my effort to make Alyssa's dream of being published a reality! I know Alyssa is soaring even higher just knowing that you are trying to help this reachable dream of hers become true. Alyssa's life was cut way too short.

I've found the MANY photo's she had planned layouts for and have discovered the paper and embellishments that she just purchased to add to her amazing amount of SB supplies. This girl had SO much left to do on this earth and had SO many goals left to achieve. If any one of her completed layouts could possibly get published I know Alyssa would be forever grateful to you...

Thank you for everything you've done for us and that you are continuing to do for my beautiful daughter Alyssa...

I love you Tina!!
Vicki

Rita said...

Tina, I am so in awe of these layouts and just so moved. You know how I feel about Vicki and these pages deserve to be published. I'm telling you -- submit these and as Gretchen said -- tell the story! I cannot imagine them not being put in print.

Sherri said...

I agree with the others. SUBMIT this directly to all the magazines. Surely someone would WANT to do a story like this! I would be TOUCHED to read this in a magazine as a scrapbooker.

Anonymous said...

This is Alyssa's sister Taylor. I came across this website while doing a search with my sister's name. Thank you for being such a great friend to my mom and doing this for my sister.